Wednesday, June 29, 2011

High Majors Eyeing Darrell Bowie

Darrell Bowie (Wauwatosa East, WI) has four scholarship offers and has a chance to see that total grow by this time next month.

After his performance at Northwestern's elite camp, the Wildcats became the first high major school to offer the 6-foot-6 wing but certainly not the last.

"It was good," he said of the elite camp. "I was impressed with the campus and the coaching staff. It feels good getting the offer."

Northwestern joins Cal Poly, Green Bay and Northern Illinois as the only schools that offered Bowie. Iowa, Stanford, Tennessee and Wake Forest has also shown interest as of late and his recruitment is poised to take off.

Bowie has improved his skills tremendously this summer. He's always been known for good defense and his length but he's now making strides to becoming a very polished player.

He currently has interest in Cal Poly, Green Bay, Iowa, Northern Illinois, Northwestern, Stanford, Tennessee and Wake Forest. He does plan on visiting schools but will do so after the July live period.

"I was thinking about it," he said. "I'm just going to wait until after July and maybe schedule some visits in August."

As more schools continue to show interest, Bowie's recruitment is sure to slow down this summer. He said he's in no rush to make a commitment and will do everything possible to make sure he doesn't miss out on anything.

"I'll probably make a decision in the middle of August or maybe a little longer, I don't mind waiting," he said. "I just want to make sure I go visit the campus and make sure everything is right so I'm not missing out on anything. I just want to make sure I think everything through and not rush my decision."