Saturday, June 25, 2011

Dallas Anglin Picks up Big Ten Offer

Dallas Anglin, (Seton Hall Prep, NJ) a 6-foot-1 point guard is starting to establish himself as one of the top point guard prospects in his region.

This summer, Anglin has been impressive enough to land his first high major offer from Penn State. "Yes," he replied when asked if he'd received an offer from the Nittany Lions. "I was excited about the offer."

Penn State joins Rice, Richmond and St. Joseph's as the only teams to offer the Seton Hall Prep star but certainly not the last.

Notre Dame, Virginia and Florida State are just some of the names of schools starting to inquire about Anglin.

Before, Anglin was never considered a true point, more a quick deceptive combo-guard with the potential to become a point. Now, becoming more of a point guard is certainly drawing a lot of coaches.

"[Coaches] like that I play defense, I'm athletic, can score, pass and I work hard," he said. "I'm becoming a point guard. It's new to me but I've been doing a good job so far. So just becoming a point and keep working on my ball handle."

Anglin has already taken unofficial visits to St. Joseph's, Temple and Virginia and also added, "I'm visiting Richmond tomorrow [6/25/11]"

With so many new schools starting to show interest in Anglin he's going to sort through things before shorting his college list. "I'm definitely going to take my time," he said." This will be one of the most important decision I'll make in my life."