Sunday, September 25, 2011

Anthony Clemmons Commits to Iowa

Point guard Anthony Clemmons (Sexton HS, MI) decided to end his recruitment with a commitment to Iowa while on his official visit this weekend.

He chose the Hawkeyes over Detroit, Eastern Michigan, Northern Illinois and Western Michigan.

"I liked the new practice gym," he said. "I connected with the coaches and players really well. I felt like they were going to make me a better person and player.

And I wanted to challenge myself to play at the highest level."

Clemmons joins Mike Gessell, Patrick Ingram, Kyle Meyer and Adam Woodbury in Iowa's stacked 2012 recruiting class. Despite already having two other guards, Clemmons is certain that going to Iowa will work.

"I think I will fit in real good," Clemmons said. " I actually seen all of them play before this summer. I feel we all can get after it on defense and stop a lot of people from scoring.

I think it's going to be no problem. We should build a strong bond."

Clemmons, a former Eastern Michigan commit, is a solid verbal to Iowa and ready to embark on a new career in Iowa City. He already has big plans for Iowa fans despite having to wait another year before beginning his career as a Hawkeye.

"I look to helping Iowa turn into a winning program and bring a lot of excitement to the table along with the rest of my teammates," he said.

Fran McCaffery has done a great job of recruiting and thanks to his success with the 2012 class, Hawkeye fans have to believe that a turnaround is in the near future.