Monday, July 30, 2012

Jeffrey Carroll Checking His Options

Rowlett (TX) small forward Jeffrey Carroll has a long list of scholarship offers and plenty of interest. With the recent offer from San Diego State, his scholarship total reached 15 with offers from SMU, Kansas State, Oklahoma, Nebraska, TCU and Santa Clara, among others.

Kansas State, TCU, Nebraska, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, San Diego State have put in the most work and are coming hardest, according to Carroll.

Carroll is becoming a more popular commodity in coaching circles and starting to emerge as one of the more popular players. He has a plethora of high-major interest and credits three components of his game.

"[Coaches like] how I can shoot," he said. "How athletic I am and how I'm versatile."


The 2013 forward is certainly one of the more versatile players in the class. He can impact the game from many different areas and that's one of the reasons why a lot of Big 12 schools are chasing him right now.

One Big 12 member has a visit planned with the 6-7 senior-to-be. "I'm assigned to visit Kansas State on September 9th as of right now," he said."I don't have any scheduled."

With more schools starting to show interest, the 2013 forward makes it clear that he isn't favoring one school saying, "I don't have any favorite schools yet." He is currently checking his options but did acknowledge that he could make his decision fairly quick.

"Before I go back to school," Carroll said of when he could announce his decision. "So sometime in August."

Join me on Google+FacebookTwitter