Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Josh James Has High Major Game

Standing at 6-1, from Archbishop Stepinac High School in White Plains, New York is point guard Josh James. James, who recently took a trip to Manhattan for their Midnight Madness festivities, was among the top guards in attendance.

He commented on the event, saying, "It was okay."

James has yet to scheduled any other visits and has started to focus on the upcoming basketball season.

James is a developing talent with a lot of potential. He continues to work hard to become threat out of the backcourt. "I'm working on my jump shot," he said. "I'm also working on my ball handling and becoming more aggressive."

As he prepares for his junior year in high school, more schools are starting to notice the guard and his school list is starting to grow.

He holds offers from Albany, Canisius, Iona, Manhttan, Quinnipiac, St. Peter's and Stony Brook. He also mentioned Albany, Quinnipiac and Stony Brook as teams that he likes.

He also has interest coming in from Harvard, Marshall, Siena and St. Bonaventure.

With heavy recruiting interest expected, James has decided to keep his recruitment open and listen to all schools. "Yes, I am [wide open]," he said. "I'm not really considering any school right now."

With recruiting interest coming in, James has certain guidelines for deciding which schools will better suit his talents.

"A nice atmosphere and somewhere I feel comfortable," he said. "I want good people around me, who want to see me succeed and a place where I can come and play right from the jump."

While basketball is a huge part of what college he'll decide, another aspect seems to overhaul that. "it is very important," he said of academics. "My parents first and for most, expect me to get a degree."

James saw his recruitment take off this summer playing with the New York Gauchos on the AAU circuit. He was apart of many successful wings and showcased his ability to lead a team.

He has plans to continue that momentum into the upcoming season and hopefully consistently improve before he gets to college.