Friday, October 14, 2011

Jordan Neff Talks Recruiting

Jordan Neff, (North Cobb, GA) a 6-7 forward, has a developing game that should attract high majors. His game use to be mostly in the post, however, Neff is starting to develop his perimeter skills and has made his way towards the wing.

"The main things are outside shooting and dribbling," he said of what he's working on. "[I'm] just becoming an all around better perimeter player."

Neff certainly has the skills to become a very skilled wing with his ability to defend and knock down jumpers outside of 18-feet. He's a long 6-7 and in two years, should be a high-major talent.

As of now, he has no shortlist and doesn't plan on making one anytime soon.

"I'm keeping all my options open," he said. "I haven't narrowed down my list any yet."

Many schools have shown interest in Neff, including high-majors who are currently tracking his progress. He currently holds offers from Florida Gulf Coast, Georgia Southern, Jacksonville, Kennesaw State, North Florida and Wright State.

He also has a great idea of what he's looking for in colleges during the recruiting process. "I want to go to a school where I get along with and like the coaching staff a lot," he said. "Also, where I can play with players I get along with and getting to play the style of play I like is important too."

A player like Neff would strive in a up-tempo system. He's a forward that can really get out on the break, run and finish explosively at the rim. He showcased that ability a lot during the On The Radar Hoops Showcase in Georgia.

As the high school season continues to approach, Neff is looking to get some visits in before the season starts. "I've been on visits to Clemson, Georgia Tech, Florida State," he said.  "I will be going on another unofficial to Tennessee sometime soon."

This weekend, however, it's a different story. He's expecting to take unofficials to two programs this weekend while in Tallahassee, FL. "I'm going to North Florida and Jacksonville this weekend," he said. "They both have offered."

Despite keeping his options open, Neff wants to make his decision as quickly as possible. "I would love to make it as soon as possible," Neff said of his college decision. "But, I'm not going to rush anything. I'm keeping my options open right now. Hopefully by the summer, I will have a decision. That's my goal."

Neff is an interesting prospect to keep your eye on. He is a very explosive player that has great upside. As he continues to develop his handle and quickness, more schools will take interest.

Darren Montgomery has new interest

Combo guard Darren Montgomery (Arlington, IN) has added new interest from Chicago-area schools. Florida International, Southern Illinois and Western Illinois have all recently shown interest in Montgomery.

The 6-2 guard is looking to become more of a point guard this upcoming season and so are the colleges that are showing interest. "[They're] waiting until the middle of season to see how I have progressed," he said. "They want to see me run the point, be creative in the clutch and defend."

Butler, Louisville, Purdue and Toledo are also programs that have shown interest in the combo threat out of the backcourt. It'll be interesting to see just how many more schools get involved as his high school season progresses.