Sunday, May 1, 2011

Patrick Lucas-Perry Talks About Recruitment

Posted by CoHoops DeAnte Mitchell
The Pennsylvania Quakers second year head coach Jerome Allen is really making a strong push to reconstruct the tenth winningest program in NCAA history.

He only returned two of the top four scorers from last season, but also adds a ton of great new talent through recruiting.

One of those talents, is 5-foot-11 point guard Patrick Lucas-Perry from Powers Catholic H.S. (MI). Lucas-Perry gave coach Allen a commitment earlier this month over Oakland University.

When given the chance to reflect on his recruitment, Lucas-Perry said, "[Recruiting was] great, everything went great."

"I feel like it's the perfect place for me," Lucas-Perry said.

"I feel like I can contribute the same way I did in high school; leading, taking control of the game and doing whatever it takes to win."

Basketball was a key part of his decision but the bigger part was academics. Lucas-Perry a very bright kid is going into, what many consider, the best business school in the nation. When asked how that affected his decision, Lucas-Perry said, "When I chose my schools I was looking at the total package for me academically and athletically."

"So, [academics] was as big of a factor as basketball."

Lucas-Perry is just one of the big time players in the class of 2011 but flew under the radar after an ACL tear before his senior season in high school.

Either way, Lucas-Perry is content in his decision and really embraces the chance to play basketball and get a great education. Expectations for him during his freshman season is nothing different than it was in high school.

"Play hard and help my team out in any way possible," Lucas-Perry said.

For more CoHoops news follow us on Twitter (@Collegiate_Hoop) or subscribe via email