Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Georges Niang Recruitment Heating Up

Posted by CoHoops DeAnte Mitchell
Georges Niang, a 2012 prospect out of Tilton H.S. (NH) has seen a recent boost in his recruitment.

The 6-foot-7 forward has heard from many schools across the country with Alabama, Florida, Michigan, Stanford and Texas A&M recently stepping in.

Right now, Niang is considering Charlotte, Iowa, Iowa State, Miami (FL), Michigan, Oklahoma, Providence and Texas A&M.

This summer, I assume more programs will inquire about the talented forward as his stock continues to rise. Many crave about his inside-out game.

Niang is extremely versatile on the offensive end. He has the ability to knock down mid-range jumpers and score in the post.

But, I believe he has the ability to exclusively play on the wing and will eventually be at the three when his high school career comes to an end.

He has the offensive mechanics and with progression to the defensive end of the floor, Niang can become a blue-chip prospect in the class of 2012.

Niang is coming off his junior season where he averaged 24 points and eight rebounds while shooting 63 percent from the field--If that isn't efficient basketball I don't what is.

This summer, Niang has big goals on improving his skill set, which will keep coaches inquiring.

"[I plan to improve] my defense and crash the boards hard, while being more dimensional on offense by getting my handle better and also getting in top shape," he said. "I feel I'm in good shape but the best I can be is what I want this summer."

Niang currently holds offers from Delaware, Drexel, Florida Atlantic, George Mason, Hofstra, Iowa, Iowa State, New Hampshire, Northeastern, Rhode Island, Siena and UMass.

Expect him to add more as he plans to visit more major programs. Niang plans on visiting Miami (FL), Providence and Texas A&M. He wasn't sure on the actual dates of his visits but said, "I'm definitely visiting those schools."

With his recruitment picking up, Niang is wide open and doesn't have a clear leader. But he does plan on making his college decision early.

"I will make a decision before my senior season because I want to be able to play my senior season with my decision behind me," he said.

For more CoHoops news follow us on Twitter (@Collegiate_Hoop) or subscribe via email