Sunday, July 29, 2012

USC Adds Connecticut Guard

In May, Capital Prep (CT) point guard Kahlil Dukes announced that Lehigh and Southern California would be in his top five when he decided to put together his list.

When July came around, Dukes announced that Lehigh stopped recruiting him and it looked like USC had the upper hand in his recruitment. That theory proved to be true as the 2013 guard announced his commitment to the program.

"I had a conversation with coach [Kevin] O'Neill," Dukes told NeHoopNews.com. "He talked to my mom and my high school coach and after that I felt like it would be a good place for me to be."

Dukes is the first commit for Kevin O'Neill for USC in 2013. He will be a solid guard for the Trojans with his scoring ability and maturity as a point guard. In my opinion, Dukes is one of the most underrated guards in his class.

During the Adidas 64 tournament in Las Vegas, Dukes posted two games of 40 plus points. One game he finished with 48 points and the other 42. Not to mention, that wasn't the first time he cracked forty this  summer.

Join me on Google+, Facebook & Twitter