Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Cohoops Q & A With Rising 2014 Recruit Dakari Johnson

Posted by CoHoops DeAnte Mitchell
Photo credits to Dakari Johnson
First off, I would like to thank Dakari Johnson for giving me the interview. Johnson a 6-foot-8 225 pound forward has opened eyes this summer on the 15U circuit. A lot of scouts are already impressed with his physical frame.

He is also equipped with an elite wingspan and the ability to shut down in the paint. Most impressively, at such a young age, he has a body that can bang with other guys. 

He can put the ball on the floor and score in many ways. He is also a great shot blocker because of his long wingspan.

He sat down to speak with DeAnte Mitchell and this how the interview went.

How are you doing today?
DJ: Good, just worked out and chilled.

Have you been to any camps recently?
DJ: Just Hoop Ground Camp

What was that experience like?
DJ: Good, I learned a lot to work on my game.

How much time do you spend working on your game?
DJ: During the day I do drills and stuff for about two hours. Then I play pickup games for about an hour. So, three hours a day.

How well do you think you balance basketball and school?
DJ: Pretty good. I do school work first, basketball comes second.

What Colleges would you consider heading into your senior season?
DJ: Well a lot are already interested—Virginia Tech, Kentucky, LSU and Ohio State to name a few.

What is your biggest strength?
DJ: I would say my inside game and attacking the basket.

What would you say you needed to work on?
DJ: 25-foot jump shot and range.

Who would you say you model your game after?
DJ: DeMarcus Cousins

Do you have a favorite college team?
DJ: Syracuse

Would you say that was your dream destination?
DJ: (Laughing) I love Syracuse but I don't know. I'm just taking my time.

What position will you be playing once you get to college?
DJ: If I grow probably power forward or center

How good are you defensively?
DJ: Pretty good. I'm a shot blocker so I would say good.

How long have you been playing basketball?
DJ: Since I was eight.

What inspires you to keep playing?
DJ: Just the love I have for the sport.

What kind of player will you be after your college career?
DJ: Well, I think a versatile player.

If there is one thing fans should know about you, what would it be?
DJ: (Laughing) that I'm a hard worker and fun to be around.

For more CoHoops news follow us on Twitter (@Collegiate_Hoop) or subscribe via email

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the comments clean folks!